Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Round and Round and Round!

I've been out travelling for work a good chunk of the summer so far, but now I'm back to going back and forth on Amtrak and riding my bike all over Sacramento and Oakland/Berkeley.  It's kind of nice, actually. 

Last week, I got on the train and sat down.  It had been a long time since I had just sat in one place for almost two hours with nothing more to do than look out the window.  Okay--well I'd done that on planes, but it's not the same.  Here, I wasn't THINKING of anything but looking out the window--I wasn't crammed into a little corner of an economy airline seat. 

Cycling in Sacto has been nice--not too hot this week.  My new schedule has me in Oakland a few more days a week which means about one good hill-climb per week. 

Two weeks ago, I rode up into the Oakland Hills, down to Orinda, up to El Sobrante, and then back home... a nice thirty mile loop with a solid climb in the middle. 

In the coming months, I plan to start setting myself up to do some weekend bike tours this winter.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment